Zum Inhalt springen

Qualitativ "minderwertige" CD's / Vinyl ?

hlennarz

Empfohlene Beiträge

• 4 Monate später...

Neuer Fund:

auf der italienischen Underconstruction 1 wird "Complex" eingeblendet, während auf anderen CDs der Track abrupter startet.

Zumindest auf der ukrainischen CD von JRC  / Magic Records laufen einige Tracks zudem länger aus. (z.B. "Pop Corn"). :häää:

Bearbeitet von hlennarz
  • Thanks 1
  • 1 Jahr später...

I haven’t known till now that the reissue of A Journey into Space from 2014 was remastered, some pop/click and noise reductions had been applied on the four tracks coming from Creative Nature vol. 2, which actually make the songs sound worse in direct comparison. However, the channels are now more balanced, the 1996 release had left channel noticeably louder on these vinyl recordings. (That I find kind of interesting, as all these tracks except for Gigi’s version of Panic Mouse have the left and right channels swapped, while on The Greatest Hits the tracks Panic Mouse and Meravillia with swapped L/R channels play louder on the right channel and Giallone Remix on the left one as would be expected provided the same recording setup had been used for this single.) And last but not least the entire CD is approximately twice as loud. I’m not sure, but I guess the same may apply for the first album Gigi D'Agostino also reissued in 2014.

No, the reissued Gigi D'Agostino Album uses the 1996 master. 😉

I never noticed the cleanup ZYX tried to do on the vinyl based tracks for "A journey into space."

It's not "double volume" though. It's approximately 4db louder (at least based on Giallone remix) in total and an additional +1db for the right channel. + some EQ changes

Bearbeitet von hlennarz
6 hours ago, hlennarz said:

No, the reissued Gigi D'Agostino Album uses the 1996 master. 😉

I never noticed the cleanup ZYX tried to do on the vinyl based tracks for "A journey into space."

It's not "double volume" though. It's approximately 4db louder (at least based on Giallone remix) in total and an additional +1db for the right channel.

Well, Giallone Remix is one of those with the least gain applied, on the other hand Panic Mouse and Creative Nature vol. 1 are more than twice as loud, but you’re right on average the entire CD is only two thirds up in gain.

1. NOISE MAKER THEME [+2.12 dB ~ 128 %]
2. THE MIND'S JOURNEY [+4.07 dB ~ 160 %]
3. PANIC MOUSE [+7.49 dB ~ 237 %]
4. GIALLONE REMIX [+3.87 dB ~ 156 %]
5. MERAVILLIA [+7.09 dB ~ 226 %]
6. CREATIVE NATURE VOL.1 [+3.04 dB ~ 142 %]
7. PANIC MOUSE (Stress Mix) [+8.16 dB ~ 256 %]
8. CREATIVE NATURE VOL. 1 (Adam & Eve) [+6.81 dB ~ 219 %]
9. THE MIND'S JOURNEY (Brain Mix) [+4.03 dB ~ 159 %]

AVERAGE VOLUME INCREASE – [+4.45 dB ~ 167 %]

You can notice it especially in the lower volume parts of the songs, there is less noise and crackles (though not completely removed), but generally the hi-hat sounds suffer from that also in loud parts. Also for example in Giallone Remix, they removed the low frequency noise in the bell intro (0:00 to 0:22) but didn’t do the same in another similar sounding part (1:33 to 1:38).

Bearbeitet von zabuyaque
  • Thanks 1
On 1/7/2018 at 11:22 AM, zabuyaque said:

And today we have the digital ZYX Music release where we have got all the three tracks recorded from the picture disc, and Sweetly not only had been cut but also recorded in mono. :lachen:

I’ve just noticed that the track Sweetly was removed from the majority of Amazon platforms (checked DE, ES, FR, IT, US sites), only the remaining two tracks (Happily and This Song Tears Easily) may be found when searching for it there. However, the whole single is still available on the UK site. Could it be that some buyers complained about the quality and that forced them to withdraw the track from sale? Who knows.

• Confused 1
  • hlennarz änderte den Titel in Qualitativ "minderwertige" CD's / Vinyl ?

Titel angepasst. Grund:

Zitat

Schon bei der L'Amour Toujours Vinyl war mir das aufgefallen, aber es scheint bei ZYX nun Praxis zu sein für deren Vinyl-Neuveröffentlichungen auf schlechte MP3 Quellen zurückzugreifen.

W. T. F ?

Summer of Energy (Gigi D`Agostino Viaggio Mix) [Den richtigen " ' " haben Sie auch nicht gefunden auf der Tastatur...)

bei 16khz ist schluss. Typische Schnittfrequenz für mp3 mit niedriger Bitrate (128kbps)

1513709751_A01.SummerOfEnergy(GigiDAgostinoViaggioMix).wav.thumb.png.2623f6494015d84b5d9b88f19a1b82a1.png