Zum Inhalt springen

Gigi D'Agostino & Luca Noise - Psico Dance

Empfohlene Beiträge

@Sottosopra

Yeah its almost like if they made this rule only for Gigi, there aren't so much artist with more than 100+ registered tracks in SIAE, I guess :D I haven't found a way to search for his tracks now, back in time it was possible easily.

Bearbeitet von Bluestar
23 minutes ago, Sottosopra said:

I managed it now... Ricerca per: Opera, Repertorio: Musica, Filtra per: Nominativo: DI AGOSTINO LUIGINO

But then comes a text, that maximum 100 tracks can be shown and there are 623 results... you must also search for a second category like track name or ISWC number... if you know it before the search :augenrollen: 

Edit: Luca Noise search, iSWC numver is empty...:

"Always" could be from the September 2017 mix!

...everything i need(?)
is freedom to believe (?)

always...

BELIEVE ALWAYS

ISWC  : T-..-

Aventi diritto

DI AGOSTINO LUIGINO Compositore Originale (CO) CODICE IPI  :   00184568825
MARTIRE LUCA Compositore Originale (CO) CODICE IPI  :   00430487566

GLITTER

ISWC  : T-..-

Aventi diritto

DI AGOSTINO LUIGINO Compositore Originale (CO) CODICE IPI  :   00184568825
MARTIRE LUCA Compositore Originale (CO) CODICE IPI  :   00430487566

@Sottosopra yep, I faced ll this, that's why I wrote "If someone will be able to filter all Gigi's tracks - please, write your findings and tell me how you perform the search (I'm just can't do it)."

Nice find about Believe Always, btw!

Meanwhile - "Best Buy" and "Target" have stopped selling CD's (huge shops):

https://www.theverge.com/2018/2/6/16973538/bestbuy-target-cd-sales-vinyl-cassette

I can only hope Psico Dance comes out before they all stop selling CD's and even better, manufacturing compact discs :-D I'd like to hold a copy in my hand :-)
I dunno how you guys think but to me digital release is not the exact & same if you really like the music of an artist - its always better to have a physical copy.

"Believe always": I also think it can be the one we're referring to in the 2017 September youtube mix.

• Like 2

Some news, guys!

I've contacted Mark Imbruglia @ Time Records (A&R/Head of Promotion), he was kind enough to answer my question about the release. :-)
I've asked him that is it true if there are some problems regarding Psico Dance, maybe SIAE / licensing issues etc, his answer:

"No uscirà sicuramente a Marzo ma ancora non si sa la data. Ciao Mark"
=
No, it will certainly come out in March, but the date is still unknown. Hi Mark

So waiting is our new best friend for now ... 

mark_time.png

Bearbeitet von Bluestar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

To be honest I don't have much confidence in this album. There are a few reasons for this:

- Co-Musicians & Quality of the music

Gigi's older work was sometimes co-produced and mastered by other musicians. The songs on Benessere or especially the Underconstruction remixes like Deeper / Drifting Sideways / On the Radio are made with much more attention to musicality and finesse than anything released after 2009.

Above that, music used to be from a MUCH higher quality than everything that was released after 2009. The older releases that i name above were made in a time where there was still money to be made in releasing a CD, and bringing music to the public. Therefore, more attention automatically went into creating a good product, inviting good producers to work with Gigi. Now it's commercially less viable to release a CD, especially when you are working with other producers whom you would have to pay! This is why the productions seem to have gone downhill.

- Too Digital!

It seems that Gigi's music of recent times is pretty badly produced. (no offense, Gigi, but come on...) All the sounds are extremely 'digital' sounding. Gone is the distinctive vintage synthesizer sound that made Gigi's music so unique compared to the other dance music on the market. The synths have been largely replaced by 'popular' 'Nexus' type preset synthesizers that you often hear in cheap EDM songs. Also the Kicks (bassdrums) used are very flat, lacking punch and do not sound good at all.

I'm beginning to think that Gigi in the past never really produced his music completely by himself, OR only now is learning to produce music with the newer software available. (In that case he would need to move back to the old stuff he/they used.) It seems Gigi is unable to recreate that distinctive sound he had, or he doesn't hear the difference. More likely, however, is that he just assumes his audience won't be too critical about it, since there are so many positive youtube reactions on TERRIBLE songs like 'Neoclassic'. Personally I couldn't believe what I heard when stuff like that got posted on youtube. But all in all it fits the pattern we are seeing, when the record label that announces the release is actually a house/EDM label.

- Authentic Gigi?

Along those lines it's even possible that some random house DJ (let's say a type like 'Christian Marchi') or any other random producer in the background is producing his music at the moment. Which would be a valid conclusion since the techniques used to produce the music through the years have been changing so much. You can hear it even in all the lives. It seems like Gigi is forcing himself to 'go with the new ages' and hereby losing his identitiy completely. The new sounds are so EDM inspired. This is not Gigi, and to me, the music has lost it's soul, only to be replaced by a much less emotional plastic sound that you will find in terrible songs like Holes in the sky and more 2016/2017 uploads. Another example is what happened to the 2006 version of 'Work' VS the 2016 version. It became completely soulless. The song is just not what it used to be, but there are many many more examples like this.

I can only hope that I am wrong and that all the experimental new-style stuff posted on youtube is just a placeholder for the good songs like the remix of Cappella -  U Got 2 Be, Can you feel it, or Kosheen - Catch remix & Mosquito Tanz.

But there are dark clouds on the horizon, and it would be no surprise to me if the album will be a big disappointment.

That is, if it ever will be released.

Oh well, fortunately we still have the Il Cammino's, but I am very saddened that the music has lost it's identity.

Bearbeitet von Frequenza Benevolenza
  • Sad 1
vor einer Stunde schrieb Frequenza Benevolenza:

Another example is what happened to the 2006 version of 'Work' VS the 2016 version.

Actually it is from 2010, not 2016.

Does that mean you don’t like any of Gigi’s music from 2010 onwards?

Regarding quality. It is stupid to compare something that only has been made ready for upload on youtube and what is released on cd/digital for buying customers. Or do you honestly expect the same level of finish/quality of mastering on the hundreds of uploads on youtube, as is the case for an actual release?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, DJ Maldestra said:

Actually it is from 2010, not 2016.

Does that mean you don’t like any of Gigi’s music from 2010 onwards?

Regarding quality. It is stupid to compare something that only has been made ready for upload on youtube and what is released on cd/digital for buying customers. Or do you honestly expect the same level of finish/quality of mastering on the hundreds of uploads on youtube, as is the case for an actual release?

No, i do like some songs released after 2010. But the Ieri & Oggi releases have not been qualitatively what they could have been.
Although my concerns are more based on some of the '16 '17 uploads on the GIGIDAG youtube channel.

I agree that on the 2010 version of 'work' there has been more attention to the orchestral piece. But it sounds way too digital and has much less of an impact.
The bassline is very bad. It's as if he lost the original files or something, and now remade it completely. way too clean. I guess on this song it is a matter of taste.

2006: http://picosong.com/Emtb/

But you can't tell me you like songs like the pioggia e sole vesion: 'no words'.

I literally have no words for how bad it sounds.

Bearbeitet von Frequenza Benevolenza
  • Thanks 1

Well for Work we have two different versions here. 

Ther first one - from 2006 - is typical "Gigi Dag From Beyond"-style track. 

The second one - from 2010 - is 'raggadance'  version. 

Yes, the second version sounds worse for me, it has pretty weak beat and bass, but still nice track.

About Holes in the sky - I personally love this remix very much. And I love it's synthetic sound. Can't hear nothing bad in it.

No Words sounds really bad, without doubt. 

Bearbeitet von kazin
vor 10 Stunden schrieb Frequenza Benevolenza:

Ad essere onesti non ho molta fiducia in questo album. Ci sono alcuni motivi per questo:

- Co-Musicisti e qualità della musica

Il lavoro più antico di Gigi era talvolta coprodotto e masterizzato da altri musicisti. Le canzoni di Benessere o l'amore in particolare l'Under Construction remix come Deeper / alla deriva obliquamente / On the Radio sono realizzati con molta più attenzione a musicalità e la finezza di ogni altra cosa rilasciato dopo nel 2009.

Oltre a questo, era stato rilasciato nel 2009. Le vecchie versioni sono state pubblicate su CD e hanno portato la musica su Internet pubblico. Pertanto, maggiore attenzione sarà rivolta a un buon prodotto. CD, soprattutto quando lavori con altri produttori che dovresti pagare! Questo è il motivo per cui le produzioni sono andate in discesa.

- Troppo digitale!

Sembra che la musica di Gigi degli ultimi tempi sia piuttosto mal prodotta. (senza offesa, Gigi, ma dai ...) Tutti i suoni sono estremamente "digitali". Gone è il caratteristico suono vintage del sintetizzatore che ha reso la musica di Gigi così unica rispetto alle altre musiche da ballo sul mercato. I synth sono stati in gran parte rimpiazzati da sintetizzatori preimpostati di tipo "popolare" di tipo Nexus che si ascoltano nelle canzoni EDM poco costose. Quindi i Kicks (bassdrum) sono molto piatti, punteggiano la vernice e non suonano affatto bene.

Comincio a pensare che Gigi in passato non abbia mai prodotto la sua musica da solo, o solo ora sta imparando a produrre musica con il nuovo software disponibile. Sembra che Gigi non sia in grado di ricreare quel suono distintivo che ha, o non sente la differenza. Più probabile, tuttavia, è che vuole solo saperlo, dal momento che ci sono così tante reazioni positive su youtube su brani TERRIBILI come "Neoclassic". Personalmente non potevo credere a quello che ho sentito quando l'ho postato su youtube. Il rilascio è in realtà un'etichetta casa / EDM.

- Autentico Gigi?

Alongthoselines è anche possibile ha fatto qualche casa casuale DJ (diciamo un tipo come 'Christian Marchi') o qualsiasi altro produttore a caso sullo sfondo sta producendo la sua musica in questo momento. Che è stato cambiato così tanto. Puoi sentirlo anche in tutte le vite. Sembra che Gigi si stia costringendo a "andare con il nuovo" perdendo completamente la sua identità. I nuovi suoni sono così ispirati all'EDM. Questo non è Gigi, e la musica ha perso la sua anima. Un altro esempio è quello che è successo alla versione 2006 di Work VS della versione 2016. È diventato completamente senz'anima.

Non posso sperare di sbagliarmi, è tutto quello che ho, ce l'ho! Mosquito Dance.

Ma ci sono nuvole scure all'orizzonte e non sarebbe una grande delusione.

Cioè, se mai verrà rilasciato.

Oh beh, fortunatamente abbiamo ancora il Cammino, ma sono molto rattristato dal fatto che la musica abbia perso la sua identità.

in part i agree with this words...

but i think that this is a deliberate choise to change the caratteristic gigi's sound bank...  mostly about luca noise...

most of the new tracks and rmx that he plays at his sets have the "new" groove. 

shit rmx like i follow you... better off alone... pirates of carribean... kygo.. ecc... haven't the gigi's style... are much more edm sounds...

i don't think that gigi e luca are no more able to do music... tracks like "traditional" for me deliberately sounds in that way... 

i hope psico dance can contain tracks with the classical gigi's style

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

although it was a little synthetic and digital, there were hints of Gigi's songwriting talent again in todays valentines upload.

I actually liked the songs this time as they had some swing and soul from the past. (still digitally sounding however.)

If the songs are this level, then musically I can accept it. Although I do hope he will go back to his old bassline synths too.

I hope we can expect more 06 / 07 songs on Youtube in the future too.

Tja bis jetzt noch nichts Neues Über Psico Dance ,Hoffentlich kommen da bald mal infos über Trackliste und Cover und das Veröffentlichtungs Datum der Compilation.

Gigi macht es aber sehr spannent...

Hi Leute!

Ich glaube ich war seit über 8 Jahren nicht mehr aktiv in diesem Forum. Zum Teil auch weil das Warten und Vertrösten auf neue Musik von Gigi einfach keinen Spaß mehr machte....

Luca Noise war unterdessen zeitweise große Klasse (insbesondere "Kentha"), hört man aber noch weniger als von Gigi...

War vor 2 Jahren auf einem Live, jene Zeit wo gerade "He's a Pirate" öfters gespielt wurde. "Neue Tracks" und Remixes wie Buena Onda, 123 Name of my DJ, He's a Pirate, Super Mario, Better off alone, My heart will Go on, Mozart Symphony No40 sind der absolute Knaller.

Ich verstehe es aus bestem Willen nicht warum Gigi mal nicht ein wenig Kohle in die Hand nimmt. Sich Hilfe bei den Intros und Outros, sowie beim Mixen und Mastern holt und einfach mal wieder eine neue Scheibe raushaut....

Gigi ist obwohl er in die Mainstream Ecke gehaut wird, eigentlich der Underground vom Underground....

Alle 3-4 Jahre tauchen Gerüchte und Versprechungen für neue Veröffentlichungen auf, aber es passiert nichts...

Wenn er nichts mehr rausbringen möchte, soll er sich einfach dafür deklarieren, aber diese ewige falsche Hoffnung schüren ist einfach nur scheisse...

Ich war einige Jahre bereits davon überzeugt dass Gigi D'Agostino nur ein Kunstprodukt, eine Kunstfigur mehrerer "Inhaber" ist und aufgrund der rechtlichen Situation nichts mehr neues kommt. Es gab und gibt ja immer wieder Gerüchte dass Gigi-Fakes (und nicht der Gigi L'Altro Typ) auf diversen "echten" Lives auftauchten und einfach nur alte Tracks bzw. ein paar Lento Violento Konstruktionen gespielt wurden.

Ich würde mich sehr über Psico Dance freuen, aber mittlerweile glaube ich dass wir auch dieses mal vergeblich hoffen.

Passt zwar nicht zum Topic aber der zweite Track in diesem Mix erinnert mich irgendwie an die gute alte NES-Konsolen Zeit und zwar an das Spiel "MegaMan 2" den Air Man Level ;-)

Ciao und machts gut!

airman.png

• Thanks 1

Also erstmal "welcome back" sozusagen. Das Video ist z.T off topic und existiert schon in der Rubrik "Youtube/Facebook/Soundcloud Kanal von Gigi".

Auch wenn folgendes wiederum genauso off topic ist ;-) Hier mal noch was ganz allgemeines, aus meiner Sicht:

Das man unerfüllte Hoffnungen oder unerfüllte Erwartungen hat, und dass einen das resignieren lassen kann...verständlich und hier schon oft diskutiert. Dann isses halt so. Man kann seine Musik ja trotzdem mögen/lieben. Es gibt seit 2015 immer wieder einige YouTube-Uploads mit tollen Songs und nun eben die sehr wahrscheinliche! Aussicht auf die hier thematisierte Compilation. Also vielleicht einfach bis Anfang/Mitte März warten und deine und die Skepsis anderer wird dann eines besseren belehrt. Nur weil es zuletzt nen längeren Abschnitt ohne Alben/Compilations gab, heißt es doch noch nicht, dass man den Künstler diesbzgl. abschreiben sollte! Viele tun hier so, als wären die Bewegungen seitens Gigi seit 2015, kein Zeichen. Ich interpretiere es auf jeden Fall als einen neuen Weg mit neuen Ideen für neue Veröffentlichungen. Und ich bin der Meinung er gibt sich ganz schön Mühe. Einiges hat sich verändert seit der damaligen Zeit 99' bis ca. 2010 und dann haben sich durch veränderte Rahmenbedingungen auch veränderte Möglichkeiten zu Veröffentlichung ergeben. Das ist alles nicht so transparent und nachvollziehbar, als das man großartig Kritik über sollte. Natürlich kann man seine Meinung schreiben- schöner ist diese jedoch zu verstehen und kann besser angenommen werden, wenn sie durch den eigenen Reflektionsfilter geht. Ich sag's also gern nochmal deutlicher- nicht erfüllte Erwartungen sind immer eigenes "Verschulden". Im Endeffekt kann kein Künstler etwas für nicht erfüllte Erwartungen anderer Menschen. "Enttäuschung"... sagt es ja schon ...Auflösung einer Täuschung, eines Glaubens, der aus einem selbst kommt. Also seid doch dankbar dafür und macht nicht den Künstler verantwortlich. Der (nur zur Erinnerung) weder zu was verpflichtet ist, noch irgendwas "muss". So funktioniert Kunst nicht. Kunst kann nur frei sein, wenn man sie lässt. Bitte ab und zu mal in Erinnerung rufen! Und auch mal dran denken, was es bereits an Musik gibt, auch in großer Masse von Gigi veröffentlicht worden ist, aber auch von anderen Künstlern! Es gibt soviel Musik. Man muss sich doch nicht abhängig machen von einem Künstler. Kann man nicht einfach mal Geschenke dankend annehmen, wenn sie kommen oder gekommen sind und dankbar sein? Manche denken und schreiben hier manchmal als wären sie Auftraggeber von Gigi oder als gäbe es irgend eine Verpflichtung seinerseits...total unverhältnismäßig. Es ist ein freies Angebot. Und selbst wenn ihr auf Lives wart oder CDs gekauft habt- es gibt keine Verantwortung oder Verpflichtung des Künstlers, euch gegenüber!! Begreift das doch bitte endlich ;-) Ist doch sonst auch kein schönes Gefühl in so einem Abhängigkeitsverhältnis mit einer solch wunderschönen Musik zu stehen- oder? 

Manche sprechen ihm sogar ab, selbst produzieren zu können oder keine technischen Möglichkeiten/ kein ausreichend Talent oder Urteilsvermögen zu haben, um selbst, also eigenständig, geniale Songs zu produzieren. Es sollte klar sein, dass diese Musik, dass alles, seinen Vorstellungen entspricht und er sicher verschiedene Wege wählt, das am Ende rauszubekommen, was er sich vorstellt. Nun würde ich sagen, dass sein Stil immer erkennbar ist und seine klare Handschrift immer durchkommt, in jedem seiner Songs- unabhängig ob's ein Track von LMT 1 oder LMT 2, Some Experiments oder Ieri e Oggi oder ein Song ist, der aus nem YouTube Upload stammt... Ich erkenne die Musikalität und Genialität und den Spaß an der Musik eines Gigi d Agostino sowohl in Titeln wie "L'amour Toujours" oder "Complex" oder "Mondo Dag 9" also auch in Songs wie "Essenza" oder "T' amo" oder "Danzetta" oder "Dance and win" oder "Ti amo un mare"...oder in den Wander in Rounder Tracks...oder in den vielen Remixen...oder oder oder. Also Bitte- Kritik kann ja jeder zu jeder Zeit äußern und das ist auch wichtig und richtig, wenn es um Dinge geht, die man gut und fair subjektiv bewerten kann. Dinge und Prozesse, in die man keine Einsicht hat zu bewerten, ist allerdings weder verhältnismäßig richtig noch fair. 

Kein Musikstück, kein Künstler, kein Mensch ist komplett perfekt, ohne Makel, ohne Fehler. Wir sind Menschen, die auch mal "falsch" beurteilen...und auch Künstler handeln nicht immer "richtig"....so in diesem Sinne gilt das auch für "Fans"...ich nehme mich da absolut nicht raus. Und ich habe in der Vergangenheit auch schon mal falsch geurteilt oder bin zu negativ und verurteilend geworden, wo es absolut nicht sinnvoll für mich und andere war. Auch mein Urteil hier muss nicht "richtig" sein...es sind nur Gedanken und Beurteilungen meinerseits aus dem Hier und Jetzt. 

Manchmal liegt das Perfekte auch gerade im Unperfekten...wie eben auch umgekehrt. Ebenso kann man vielleicht nie endgültig (ver)urteilen. Denn jede Entwicklung, unser ganzes Leben, geht immer weiter und wird bereichert, durch neue persönliche Erfahrungen und Erkenntnisse- und diese unterliegen verschiedenen Wahrnehmungen und Beurteilungen. Deswegen ist es vielleicht immer ganz gut, das ein oder andere Mal über die eigene Wahrnehmung nachzudenken. Warum man etwas so und so empfindet- vor allem, wenn man das Gefühl hat, es tut einem nicht gut...durch negative Gefühle oderso. Denn die wenigsten wollen negative Gefühle oder pessimistische Gedanken :-)

Es geht voran...immer weiter...

Bearbeitet von Erdbeer Wolf
  • Like 6