Zum Inhalt springen

Gigi D'Agostino & Luca Noise - Psico Dance

Empfohlene Beiträge

Das passt zu den vielen "last Minute" Änderungen, die er bei Tracks vor dem Release vorgenommen hat in Vergangenheit, oder ganze Trackliständerungen wie damals bei der Some Experiments.  Ich glaube Gigi tut sich schwer selbst zufrieden mit seinem Werk zu sein. :/

Ich bekomme immer mehr den Eindruck, dass er unter Depressionen leidet.  :/

Bearbeitet von hlennarz
  • Sad 1
vor 21 Stunden schrieb hlennarz:

Das passt zu den vielen "last Minute" Änderungen, die er bei Tracks vor dem Release vorgenommen hat in Vergangenheit, oder ganze Trackliständerungen wie damals bei der Some Experiments.  Ich glaube Gigi tut sich schwer selbst zufrieden mit seinem Werk zu sein. :/

Ich bekomme immer mehr den Eindruck, dass er unter Depressionen leidet.  :/

Glaube es ist erstmal ein guter Schritt, dass er es so "aussprechen" kann. Das kenne ich so nicht von ihm, und finde das ist ne richtig gute Entwicklung! Das er vielleicht (noch) nicht damit zufrieden ist, muss kein Hinweis auf eine psychische Erkrankung sein. Ich glaube vielen Künstlern geht es ähnlich. Aus den letzten Posts von ihm schlussfolgere ich eher, das es ihm da gerade sehr gut ging. Generell sehe ich ihn den letzten Jahren viel öfter mal den lächelnden Gigi :-)

Bearbeitet von Erdbeer Wolf

Das denke ich auch... depressiv und "burn-out-mäßig" klang er für mich eher in der Phase 2009/2010, als seine Radiosendungen beide urplötzlich abgebrochen wurden und sich die Live-Absagen stark vermehrten im Gegensatz zu vorher.

Ich denke, Gigi ist einfach zu perfektionistisch, was ihn halt leider auch wieder aufhält, sodass dann im Endeffekt gar nichts zustande kommt. Ich hoffe, er merkt es noch, bevor Time Records die Nase voll hat...

• Like 2

Möglicherweise tragen Missgunst und ablehnende Kommentare gegenüber Previews ihr Übriges dazu bei, dass so ein Release sich verzögert oder niemals stattfindet. Und dann noch fordern und drüber beschweren dass nix kommt. Ich finde man sollte ihn ermutigen, einfach seinen Fähigkeiten zu vertrauen und so ein Album abzuschließen. Es passiert rein gar nix, wenn die Musik viele spaltet oder nicht so vielen zu sagt, wie vielleicht in der Vergangenheit. Er hat schon alles geschafft, das ist nur der Zusatz, das Sahnehäubchen, das Experiment. Er darf sich das alles erlauben. Oder ganz im Gegenteil- vielleicht befreit ihn so ein Release zusätzlich und es gibt einen tollen Erfolg damit und viele werden es mögen. Mut wird immer belohnt! ;-) Ich wünsche ihm, das er ne gute Entscheidung für sich trifft :-)

• Like 2

I just didn't get one thing. 

Gigi has no "personal problems" for releasing Lento-stuff. 

Gigi has no "personal problems" for releasing previews of his non-lento tracks on Youtube, playing them live for years and announcing an album.

Gigi has no "personal problems" while contacting with Media records and then Time records for publishing Psico Dance. 

But he has "personal problems" for sending master of CD to record label.

And it doesn't matter he is not the only one author/producer (Luca Noise also) of CD, and it doesn't matter what fans are already tired of waiting. 

But why his "personal problems" are so much more important than all this and what are they?

Bearbeitet von kazin
  • Like 4
On ‎2018‎.‎08‎.‎21‎. at 5:34 AM, kazin said:

But why his "personal problems" are so much more important than all this and what are they?

Its exactly what he said: he cannot MASTER the tracks by himself alone, you can really say that given by his previous releases. :-) Thats where Luca (also) kicks in to the picture. Gigi is a musical genius for sure, but nobody is capable to do everything on his own - but as we know Gigi, he is probably not the one who is going to admit it. Also he may not find the final product good enough, remember that he must be in a very hard situation:

- the new disc has to be a REALLY good one for the old fans as well (last non-mixed release came about 10 years ago)
- … but as Gigi definitely wants to be on the top once again (and as an artist you need to redeclare yourself from time to time), the sound also needs to be pretty much different to what he did before at all --> here comes the now-popular PSY style (when Gigi kicked in back in time, the eurodance/(italo)dance/club was hugely popular, now it isn't at all, so this PSY style - which by the way, resembles a lot of things to lento - comes very handy)
- also, he don't just want to "release something" (as he does with his not-that-new lento stuff, to drop some candy for the fans in the meantime), but to release something for the future, sounds which (at least some of 'em) are/could gonna be "hits", or at least a compilation which doesn't get forgotten so fast :-)
- mastering is a pretty hard thing, and Gigi definitely doesn't like that part of the music production at all (listen to "No words" on youtube, thats Gigi on his own).

When you play a track live on a booming sound system, nobody is going to analyze the sounds with eager ears (also you can't even do that in a disco even if you want to), but instead just enjoy the party. Now when you release something you have to make sure everything sounds totally and 10000% percent fine on most of the audio systems/headphones etc, just as you imagined, with having the most potential, big boomy bass where it needs to be boomy bass, and also crispy highs at the same time. Thats a really, really hard thing to do!
(btw: listen to the "Dynoro & Gigi - In My Mind" track on Spotify, and then quickly switch to "Lento Violento - More", back and forth - you'll hear a clear difference and inferiority of Gigi's sounds regarding dynamics, punchiness and mastering technics at all - it just really, really lacks them. The track "More" could have a lot "more":) potential in itself, but Gigi is struggling to get it out from the track, you can say it. )

- last but not least, pretty sad thing but it may be his last release (given the fact that he struggles to release anything everytime...), so it really counts what is gonna be on that disc, given it may be a "closure" to his musical career (at least in physical compilation CD format).

(also, this mastering topic is quite interesting, because its really a two-handed sword: if you can create great music, but you can't master it properly, then you simply fail in today's music world - its just not enough. In this case you have to give out your music from your hands to external music production/mastering agencies, and they may do it for you for a pretty high price, but the mastering may also alter the whole sounding of a given record while they process it. In easier words, it may be "A" when you dream the song itself, and after a finished mastering, it may become "B", a totally new track, even though it was "just" normalized here & there by a team, having some more vibrancy added, etc etc, so the track itself is basically the same, but sounds totally different to ears - of course, at least now it sounds "fair", so just as it needs to be heard on a CD - but as an artist, its not how you'd like it to have it released, because its not what you wanted.

Its a pretty interesting topic btw, and I think to narrow it down, basically we must be waiting because of two things:

- Gigi doesn't want to let a team master his productions, but he wants to do everything by himself / Luca on their own
- he & Luca has just finalized some of the tracks which they'd like to put on the disc, and those tracks wasn't even nowhere when Gigi said "coming in the next weeks" back in January :) I think we gonna have a completely other tracklist than we'd have in January :D (with the previous one having much more lento stuff, and the new one having barely any lento/maybe no lento at all - and that also explains his many lento releases & album for the fans -)

Bearbeitet von Bluestar
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Great post! 

One thing I still don't get. There are a lot of professional music engineers out there (and I'm sure Time records has them in they stuff team).  

Why doesn't Gigi ask for the help of professionals? About a year now he's just waiting for... I don't know - maybe a divine intervention? 

On ‎2018‎.‎08‎.‎23‎. at 9:56 AM, M.B.A. said:

some time ago in a topic on casa dag gigi said that he never do mastering on his tracks... but there are technics and engineers who deal with it. i don't think the mastering is the reason of his problems.

I remember that topic from very long-long time ago (if we're talking about the same one), someone asked Gigi about mastering, and he replied like "mastering.. what is mastering?" :D  Not sure if he was joking though.

Anyway, what did I just find:

I'm a little bit sad because I thought its definitely Gigi & Luca's production, that has to be on Psico Dance once released. But it appears I was wrong… :D

Do you guys know this track?

Bearbeitet von Bluestar
spotify link fixed (to the correct version)
  • Thanks 3
vor 3 Stunden schrieb Bluestar:

I remember that topic from very long-long time ago (if we're talking about the same one), someone asked Gigi about mastering, and he replied like "mastering.. what is mastering?" :D  Not sure if he was joking though.

I'm a little bit sad because I thought its definitely Gigi & Luca's production, that has to be on Psico Dance once released. But it appears I was wrong… :D

Kann ja trotzdem auf der Compilation sein, auch wenn es nich von Luca und Gigi is...

• Like 1
vor 4 Stunden schrieb Bluestar:

may you also mean and think?!... the Version on his lives is a remix of this song...don't sounds 100% similar, for sure!  And i dont think its only played lento :D You have concerning copyright?!

But on the other side- it's correct. The idea is from Blazy. 

I don't think the version what Gigi plays differs really much from this, apart from its a little bit slower in BPM (about 5-10%), and I wouldn't call it a remix, but just an "edit" of this track (Gigi only plays the first part, and the last "lento-ish" part on his lives, also the part before the first drop has been cut, but thats all).

Die Hoffnung stirbt zuletzt! Ich denke Psico Dance wird kommen! Fragt sich nur wann! Hat irgendein Shop das Release date 7.9. noch gelistet? Übrigens: Die Version von "In my mind" in den Livevideos (betitelt als " Gigi & Luca Trip") gefällt mir sehr gut. Die Bassline is der Hammer! Hoffe das diese Version drauf sein wird. Bin da aber sehr zuversichtlich.

• Like 1

Man kann da, denke ich, noch ganz optimistisch sein...man darf es ja generell immer sein. Lebt sich einfach besser, wenn man optimistisch denkt :-) Die Psico Dance-Tags sind noch gesetzt und auch in der Vergangenheit gab's wohl so das ein oder andere Album, das erst ein, zwei Jahre nach der ersten Ankündigung erschienen ist. Sollte es wirklich den 07.09 treffen, wäre ich extrem baff. Denke ein Release in diesem Jahr ist durchaus noch realistisch :D

Am 2.7.2018 um 12:52 schrieb Erdbeer Wolf:

@Schlonte

Ärgert mich auch... Obwohl...wer 7 Monate warten kann, kann bestimmt auch 9 Monate warten. Und ich hoffe, es wird ein wunderschönes Baby :D

Ich denke da wird demnächst ein Kaiserschnitt fällig. 10 Tage nach Termin sollte man das Baby spätestens holen. Was auch immer das bedeutet... Ich weiß es nicht!

Bearbeitet von Badzu
  • Haha 1
  • 3 Wochen später...

lasst ihn doch werkeln... hab es mir fast gedacht....passt zu meinen Beobachtungen. Keine Konzerttermine mehr und diese Ruhe in letzter Zeit :-) Was lange währt, wird gut!

• Like 2