Zum Inhalt springen

Il Programmino Radio Episodes

Rafael Lenz

Empfohlene Beiträge

Hello everyone!

So, I'm currently trying to preserve and collect all the Programmino radio recordings I can possibly find.

I recently found a tracklist txt file with a LOT of Programmino radio episodes that I don't have... so I guess they must exist somewhere.

Do you know anybody or any website (except for Tanz-Passion, where I found 20-ish files) that has more Programmino episodes? 🙂

Mmm that's very bad. For me sharing and preserving those files is the only way to really save them from oblivion. And I know that there are many unreleased and rare Gigi songs that you just can't find anywhere else.

So yeah, I hope that in all these years somebody changed his/her mind. I'm only trying to preserve audio 🙂

• Like 3

I hope someone will share it. radio programs are free. No copyright. Anyone could die and record it. it is incomprehensible if a fan hides it from another fan who wants to listen to it. I met such people 15 years ago on a Hungarian fan forum. I didn't understand then.

As far as I know there is no problem in recording songs or shows transmitted on radiostations for private use, but it is not allowed to sell or share them with other people or the public, as that would be a violation of copyrights. I am honestly surprised that tanz-passion still exists and has not been prosecuted and taken offline, as they not only offer recordings of radioshows but also use symbols that are protected by copyright (such as the Japanese symbol).

vor 3 Minuten schrieb hlennarz:

there's also people who have a ton of unreleased material from Gigi and won't share it either.  Some for legal reasons, some just for their ego.

That's right, but there is a big difference between recorded radioshows and (unreleased) material of a DJ or producer you have got from him for private use.

If a DJ or producer gives some unreleased material to a good friend or a very passionate fan he trusts, then he will of course expect that he or she will not pass the material on to other people. The problem is that you can never rule out that someone you pass that material on to will offer it on YouTube or other platforms the sooner or later (for whatever reason, maybe just for getting a bit of "fame"). As a result the DJ/producer will no longer trust his friends or fans, as the material has been leaked, and will eventually stop giving material away.

1 hour ago, ShadowMP said:

As far as I know there is no problem in recording songs or shows transmitted on radiostations for private use, but it is not allowed to sell or share them with other people or the public, as that would be a violation of copyrights. I am honestly surprised that tanz-passion still exists and has not been prosecuted and taken offline, as they not only offer recordings of radioshows but also use symbols that are protected by copyright (such as the Japanese symbol).

I'm surprised too, not for the Programmino files but for the Cammino ones: they were released while the Cammino was still on m2o. That was quite risky, but nobody said a thing...

Of course the files I'm looking for would be just for personal enjoyment, nothing more.

53 minutes ago, ShadowMP said:

That's right, but there is a big difference between recorded radioshows and (unreleased) material of a DJ or producer you have got from him for private use.

If a DJ or producer gives some unreleased material to a good friend or a very passionate fan he trusts, then he will of course expect that he or she will not pass the material on to other people. The problem is that you can never rule out that someone you pass that material on to will offer it on YouTube or other platforms the sooner or later (for whatever reason, maybe just for getting a bit of "fame"). As a result the DJ/producer will no longer trust his friends or fans, as the material has been leaked, and will eventually stop giving material away.

Exactly. I know that Gigi sent some unreleased songs to collaborators and friends, but some of them were published online without his consent. But for radio shows it's completely different.

• Like 1

Wow, it seems that I sparked some interest in Casa Dag too and at the same time of this thread (although I'm not that AudioTrack guy, I swear 😄)

Expecting that Gigi would publish all the Programmino episodes (if, and I repeat IF he has them, because it's not certain) is quite impossible, to say the least. But in Casa Dag some user said interesting things:

- RIN doesn't exist anymore. That means not only that all the episode are (kinda) free from copyright (looking from a "radio broadcast" perspective), but it also means that possible audio archives from the radio station do not exist, or if they existed they are probably lost now.

But on the other hand...

- Gigi has CDs of (some?) of his live recordings. If he has CDs of live recordings and he has folders dedicated to the Cammino episodes (he said it in Casa Dag some time ago)... maybe he has some Programmino stuff too.

Other than that... I really hope that someday, new files will emerge.

• Like 1
vor 57 Minuten schrieb Rafael Lenz:

- RIN doesn't exist anymore. That means not only that all the episode are (kinda) free from copyright (looking from a "radio broadcast" perspective), but it also means that possible audio archives from the radio station do not exist, or if they existed they are probably lost now.

Well, the fact that RIN doesn't exist or isn't active doesn't mean that it is free of copyright.

In any case, I don't think it's a copyright problem, but a problem of exclusivity. You can find a lot of il cammino rips on youtube. The rips that are available in tanz-passion were sent to him by me. Those rips were in file sharing programs (I don't know if outside Spain there is 'eMule', but I got them from there). Maybe now you can find something, but I doubt it.

https://web.archive.org/web/20070612144523/http://www.tanz-passion.com/Il_Programmino_Di_Gigi_D'Agostino.html

Just out of curiosity, I searched on wayback machine for the page where "Rumore Sonore" was thanked for the rips. That nickname is one of the ones I used to make music. I don't think it would be easy to find them.

BTW: I really love your track from Donkey Kong Country

• 4 Wochen später...
Am 15.9.2022 um 03:09 schrieb tbg:

https://www.casadag.com/viewtopic.php?p=31199#p31199
What a nice gesture to put the tracklist without naming the original source...

I'm one of many who do not have the il programmino rips and I couldn't listen to them at the time, but it seems to me that it is... "ridiculous" to ask Gigi himself to upload them. 

I don't know if it's a problem to ask, but where do those tracklists come from?