[2024] Gigi D'Agostino & Daniele Gas - Experiments Vol 1 (Vinyl Reissue) (Daniele Gas Self-Released)

This is a cleanup job (a few hours total for this track, I do click repairs manually with iZotope RX10 on a case-by-case base for each click) I did from a rip I was send years ago by a guy on discogs. (on Youtube: watch?v=nVEIoVoc45s)

Yeah the original record has a rather prominent amount of surface noise. Still i'd say this sounds about a thousand miles better then any "official" digital release so far:

I guess if one had too much spare time he could hunt down the original equipment (Yamaha/Roland/Korg) and recreate these simple tracks himself. :P

Edited by hlennarz
  • Like 1
vor 2 Stunden schrieb zabuyaque:

Is your copy visibly scratched or was it dj-(ab)used? If it’s just clicky with a stronger surface noise, I think that it’s normal here. I’ve come across three copies myself and had two other recordings from other people and none sounded really good. I think that this pressing was not that great when it came out.

It‘s just in a bad state overall, but yeah, lots of scratches (and presumably heavy DJ use, too) which result in occasional skippings and many clicks. I tried my best to reduce some of the damage in the recording through post-processing by manually removing the most annoying clicks, cutting out some skips and “sewing” it back together, but it‘s far from ideal. So while the sound quality on this new release is nothing to write home about (and arguably even worse than my original recording), it‘s at least a complete uninterrupted recording with fewer clicks.