Zum Inhalt springen

Interview mit Gabry, 03.04.05

Gast Anna

Empfohlene Beiträge

das interview wurde am freitag in der scs von ein paar fans fürs blissco-forum gemacht ... is recht interessant, und ich hab geglaubt ich fall vom sessel wo er mich genannt hat :mrbighead:

Ok, so are you ready?

Yes!

First of all, thanks that you accepted the interview. My first question would be that currently what are you working on what projects, remixes in the studio?

At the very moment I'm working on a new video show for the clubs, I mean...

The DVJ show...

Yeah, the DVJ show as you probably saw in the forum, and it's a kind of new show that mixes music and video stuff, I don't work any more with CD but with DVD. And I mean the production of this thing is a little bit long, so currently I'm concentrating on this with the few guys that are helping me, and we are making videos and setting everything and it should be started tomorrow.

So tonight won't be a DVJ show, will it?

No, not today, but in Austria I'll be starting in the next month in April....we'll be doing this in Vienna, in Graz. And this is something very new, you probably already heard about that...but I'm about to tell you that I'm working on a new compilation which is gonna be released in April probably...and it's a compilation called 'Dj Set', and it's gona be clubtracks mixed all together, and it's a mix between the stuff I'm playing on the radio, something I'm playing in the clubs, and it's gonna be something different. And I'm also working on the new singles from the new album, but I don't know when it's gonna be released actually, be cause you know...

You are too busy...

Oh, yeah, now I'm very busy with other things, but anyway.

And you already had a DVJ show or it will just start now, in Italy you already had one...

No, I made a little test in a couple of clubs, but the first one is gonna be tomorrow. Anyway, Roberto Molinaro did something like this in Bolzano, he is working with video for a long time now and he is helping me a lot...and I believe this is the future for djs and for the clubs.

Really futuristic. And can I ask you something about the new Eiffel 65, how is it going?

Well, actually Maurizio and Jeffrey are taking care about that...and, I mean you'd better ask them because (laughing a bit) they are doing the jobs of the album and as I told you now I'm more concentrating on my own stuff so you'd better ask them...to have a possible interview with Eiffel 65!

So you've been to Slovenia, Spain in many times, also in France, you mentioned Denmark and Germany. Are you planning to visit any other countries for your sets?

I hope so! Actually it's not me deciding the places where I have to go, and it depends on the promoters of the clubs beacause there's an agency that handles my booking and they usually take requests from everywhere and take care of the schedule.

Ok, so we can hope that maybe you'll come to Hungary.

Yeah, maybe in Hungary!

My next question would be about Natale A Casa DeeJay, we could have seen you acting in it, it was very interesting...

Acting is a very big big word, but anyway... (laughing)

Could you tell us a few words about the shooting, what was it like to be an actor for a while?

Well, actor is another big word, but anyway it was very funny, because in the radio we are all big friends and we had a very good time, and actually I did only 2 days shooting because my part was very short. But just in case, things would go wrong with music, I could be a bodyguard!

And are you thinking of any changes in your style, and experiments like you did in Sin Parase? Are you planning something?

I can tell you that because many times I wrote it on the forum, music is something you can't plan 100%, I mean I usually do what I like...if Sin Pararse comes that's okay, if it's Depends On You it's okay...maybe if I'd do something different in the future, but I can't tell you now.

How did you find that little kid for the song?

A friend of mine who lives in Rome, which is a producer as well, sent me a cd with a few tracks he was working on, and I listened to the cd carefully, and the end of one of the tracks, it was one of the last tracks on the cd, there was this line sung by this young guy and I the first time I heard it, I liked it very much, and I called him and told: Look, I'm very interested in this sample and is it possible to use it and maybe do something together with this? And he said ok, and I'm really happy about that. And he sent me the voice and I worked together with Luca Ventafridda who is a young producer in BlissCorporation, and we called in Papa Winnie for the ragamuffin, and in a couple of days the work was done, it was very quick. And if you wanna know the name of the guy who sent me the voices who is the coproducer of the song, it's: Tommaso Casigliani.

My next question is...Kassa De Majorca was quite popluar, we liked it very much are you planning to come back with it also this summer of maybe with another programme?

I don't know if we'll make another Kassa De Majorca, but I'm working very well with Giorgio, and probably we'll do something together in summer...but I don't know, it depends on how busy we are with our shows and productions. But anyway, Kassa De Majorca was a good experience for us because it created a very good feeling between us.

Yeah we felt it!

But this is the way we are, open the microphone...

and you are friends anyway...

yeah, anyway.

And Alla Discoteca, how long does it take to record one programme?

Usually one day. From the morning till the evening. Because we start in the morning by reading the e-mails from the fans, choosing them, and we make the tracklist of the songs to play and obviously we do it together, and we listen to new songs every week, I let him listen to what I've found he does the same and then in the afternoon we record the voices and then we mix the stuff, the songs with the jingles and everything and I put the voices on with the cuts.

And the effects, it's you who does it?

Yes!

I don't know if you already read about it in the forum or heard somewhere that we in Hungary also have Radio DeeJay that plays Alla Discoteca!

Really?

Really! So every Saturday night we listen to 4 hours of Alla Discoteca!

Wow, that's fantastic!

And they used to play Megamix as well, Molella's, Prezioso's and yours of course! So it's really cool that we can hear that.

Yeah, I'm really happy about that!

Yeah, e' un privilegio raro!

E' un privilegio raro!

In these days what are the songs and artists you most like and what were the ones that inspired you in the beginning of your career?

I've always been a fan of dance music since the beginning. At the first time I stepped in a disco my passion was not dancing but looking at the dj to see what he was doing and I tried to do that in my own house with my first turntables, and I've been doing that for years. So my background is very dance, from the end of the 80s until now I have all the vinyls and singles in my personal collection. And at the moment I listen to a lot of music, even different kinds of music, raggie, hip hop, rock and classical music...I love it! Inspiration can come from everywhere, and I think one of the best sides of dance music is that you can mix everything with groove and rhythm and make it a big hit.

How old were you when you bought your first turntables?

I think I was 16!

Have you ever thought of releasing all your remixes together on a kind of compilation?

I've thought about it but unfortunately it's not possible since most of my remixes are not legalized remixes. Usually if I hear a song I like very much I maybe ask the producer to send me the voices, sometimes I do the remix with the original song and with the basic groove on it, but most of the times it's not possible to have the remix released. And I've done something like this in 2 DeeJay Parades I've mixed, and if you can remember I've put 3 or 4 remixes on it. But I don't think it will be possible to do that, I mean it's gonna be a personal collection for you from the web.

We can see that triangle like logo on the covers of your earlier cds...

It wasn't a logo exactly, more like a grapic stuff...the guy who was making the cover designed it, and I said ok, so they put it on it. But it wasn't a logo, I don't have one. I mean that if you wanna have a logo it's gonna be something that represents you very much, I don't have nothing like this, so my name is enough.

Any message to the forum?

I do have a message for the forum!

Ok, so tell!

Well, first of all I'd like to thank everybody there because even if I don't have much time to write on the forum.

Well, actually it's you who has the most posts among Maury and Jeffrey and you already won a little membership-star!

(laughs) I've tried to but the problem is that when I'm in the office I'm too busy with my stuff in the studio. And I try to find some time to write on the forum when I'm in a hotel, waiting for the time to go to a club. Even if I don't have the time I'd like to write on the forum. my feelings are always very good everytime, almost every night I try to open the forum before I go home and I watch what you write, and I know that you are always there and this is a very good thing for me, it gives me a lot of energy and strength.

Oh, I'm glad to hear that! And I have to give you the greetings of the whole forum and especially from the Hungarian forum, even from those ones who couldn't come.

I hope to meet them all soon, maybe in Hungary!

Oh, and one other questions: Nome, cognome, altezza, data di nascita? You know that little interview-jingle in AD: name, surname, height, date of birth[/size=1]

(laughs)

We really like those jingles! Ok, so this was it, I hope I wasn't too annoying for you (laughing)

No, absolutely not, it's a big pleasure for me to meet you, Anna knows that beacause we see each other very often, so it's a very big pleasure, believe me. This is not for the record, this is for us and I like very much people like you supporting me, it's a kind of special.

Allora ti ringrazio per l'intervista. Thanks for the interview. [/size=1]

...but I'm about to tell you that I'm working on a new compilation which is gonna be released in April probably...and it's a compilation called 'Dj Set', and it's gona be clubtracks mixed all together, and it's a mix between the stuff I'm playing on the radio, something I'm playing in the clubs, and it's gonna be something different.

Vielen Dank für das Interview!

Aber am meisten bin ich auf die Compi gespannt :mrbighead:

vielen dank!

im April kommt er mit seiner Video-show schon nach Graz!! :klatschen1:

is ja genial....also er arbeitet schon an seinem neuem album, bin schon gespannt drauf....

*hust* er war letztes mal auch schon mit seiner video-show in graz ...

vielen dank!

im April kommt er mit seiner Video-show schon nach Graz!!  :klatschen1:

is ja genial....also er arbeitet schon an seinem neuem album, bin schon gespannt drauf....

*hust* er war letztes mal auch schon mit seiner video-show in graz ...

ja sorry ich war letzten nicht live im WON dabei, aber dafür hab ich des alles auf Kronehitradio aufgenommen, is auch genial...