Zum Inhalt springen

[09.02.2024] Gin Lemon E.P. (VINYL) (ZYX Reissue)

Empfohlene Beiträge

• 2 Wochen später...

Das ist der deejay.de interne "estimate" für weitere Kopien. Die erste Charge der EP war wohl sehr schnell ausverkauft.

Bei unterschiedlichen Händlern findet man dazu auch die unterschiedlichsten Angaben derzeit.

Bearbeitet von hlennarz

I think that the release has been postponed. I ordered a few items directly from ZYX and they sent to me everything except for Gin Lemon E.P., they sent me an e-mail saying “We will send you a partial shipment via DHL. Missing items will be sent to you automatically as soon as they are published.” I would expect them to say they would send them as soon as they were back in stock if it were just currently unavailable, which happened to me in December when I placed an order and took “The Essential Gigi D’Agostino” compilation just out of curiosity which of the two versions they’re selling nowadays, in that case they removed the title from my order saying it would be back in stock in January.

I guess it will be based on the inside part of the CD booklet.

Anyway, let’s hope ZYX has been taking their time for a huge tracklist revision which we all ask for. Where the heck are the tracks like Another Way, La Passion, L’Amour toujours, Bla Bla Bla? We crave for another greatest hits like release. 😝

• Haha 1
  • 2 Wochen später...

Decks.de now has copies in stock.

Sadly, the delay wasn't used to fix the errors. :zungeraus:

Some of the track previews sound terrible, very distorted. ESPECIALLY Gin Lemon, Bam & Psicadelica

I hope that's an issue with their setup and not the record itself...yikes

On My Dimension, the right channel drops in volume after a few seconds of the preview and has a jump towards the end... Edit: Same for Locomotive, where the volume drops for a few seconds on the right channel and then comes back up...

https://www.decks.de/track/gigi_d_agostino-gin_lemon_ep/clu-ad

WTF :crazy:

Bearbeitet von hlennarz

My copy arrived today as well.

The cover is a nice matte finish, unfortunately as we expected the "Limited coloured vinyl" text is permanent and not removable by easy means.

Fortunately the tracks on decks.de seem to have been done with a poor transfer routine. My copy isn't distorted. It actually sounds pretty clean. 

The tracks written in yellow in the tracklist are kinda hard to read. But oh well.

Interestingly, while the red and yellow records are one solid color, the green one is transluscent like the original 1997 records were.

UNfortunately there is that very harsh at 16khz lowpass filter again...

I don't get it. ZYX didn't do this up until the The Riddle reissue. :daumenrunter:

I guess they must have changed cutting engineers. I wonder what reasoning is behind this. Make it not distort on those crapy ceramic-cart convenience store record players? No idea...

Suspisciously there's no initials of a mastering engineer in the runout again. Lack of confidence in his cut?

ginlemon.png.7fb2c56b6eadbb085277ac9d9abcadb8.png

My cover (ordered directly from ZYX) unfortunately has a small dent on one corner and on the spine.

Bearbeitet von hlennarz
  • Thanks 1
  • hlennarz änderte den Titel in [09.02.2024] Gin Lemon E.P. (VINYL) (ZYX Reissue)

What makes mp3 sound bad is lower in the audible spectre, it’s not that hi-pass filter unless it is very low, below 16 kHz.
So no problem in my opinion, though usually audio is high-passed at 18 kHz or higher. But honestly are you able able to hear 17 kHz or higher frequencies? A year ago I was able to hear a 17 kHz pure tone only with one of my ears, today I struggle to hear that not pushing the volume too high. 😉

Heute, passend zum Comeback, kamen auch meine Gin Lemon E.P. Vinyls.
Ich frag mich ja, wieso die rote und gelbe Vinyl, im Gegensatz zur grünen Vinyl, nicht transparent ist.

Bei der 1997er Gin Lemon E.P. waren alle Vinyls transparent.

Ich habe mal spaßeshalber alle sechs Vinyls zusammen fotografiert.

Unten: 1997
Oben: 2024

Gin Lemon EP Vinyls.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
4 hours ago, Wally44 said:

Ich frag mich ja, wieso die rote und gelbe Vinyl, im Gegensatz zur grünen Vinyl, nicht transparent ist.

Gin Lemon EP Vinyls.jpg

But there is still some degree of transparency judging from your pictures, they are not opaque. There are coloured records that you cannot see through at all.

Am 9.2.2024 um 16:58 schrieb Wally44:

Gin Lemon EP Vinyls.jpg

Vielleicht eine Fehlpressung, meine grüne Vinyl hat die Farbe der unteren Originalplatte

IMG_20240211_085806.jpg

• Thanks 1