Zum Inhalt springen

Label On The Table / GDC Band

Desper-D

Empfohlene Beiträge

1. Gigi D'Agostino Planet is Gigi's label. The company behind this label is Modusart SA and this company have exclusive rights for Gigi's music as mentioned here: https://www.moneyhouse.ch/de/company/modusart-sa-5212108461
  2. There are only 4 trademarks registered by Mosudart: GIgi D'Agostino, Gigi Dag and Lento Violelnto https://trademarks.justia.com/owners/modusart-sa-4344837/ as artistas and Slowerland as mark https://www.swissreg.ch/srclient/faces/jsp/trademark/sr300.jsp?language=de&section=tm&id=09810%2F2020
  3. There are no trademarks "GDC Band" and LABEL ON THE TABLE connected with Mosudart SA and therefore with Gigi. 
  4. There is a way to use someone else samples in your own tracks - it's called "clear music rights". Anyone can contact music labels/musicians or special services to clear the music rights to use it in your own way. This may explain "gigidagostino (от лица компании "LABEL ON THE TABLE");" copyright. 
  5. There's always a chance this all is really connected with Gigi and his goal is to get royalties from listenings of all the unofficial releases of his tracks on the YouTube and other platforms. 

• Like 2
Just now, kazin said:
  1. Gigi D'Agostino Planet is Gigi's label. The company behind this label is Modusart SA and this company have exclusive rights for Gigi's music as mentioned here: https://www.moneyhouse.ch/de/company/modusart-sa-5212108461
  2. There are only 4 trademarks registered by Mosudart: GIgi D'Agostino, Gigi Dag and Lento Violelnto https://trademarks.justia.com/owners/modusart-sa-4344837/ as artistas and Slowerland as mark https://www.swissreg.ch/srclient/faces/jsp/trademark/sr300.jsp?language=de&section=tm&id=09810%2F2020
  3. There are no trademarks "GDC Band" and LABEL ON THE TABLE connected with Mosudart SA and therefore with Gigi. 
  4. There is a way to use someone else samples in your own tracks - it's called "clear music rights". Anyone can contact music labels/musicians or special services to clear the music rights to use it in your own way. This may explain "gigidagostino (от лица компании "LABEL ON THE TABLE");" copyright. 
  5. There's always a chance this all is really connected with Gigi and his goal is to get royalties from listenings of all the unofficial releases of his tracks on the YouTube and other platforms. 

There are only 4 trademarks registered by Mosudart: 

it doesn't prove anything.

see tuttodag and Gigi noise maker videos.

• Like 1

Ok, so to summarize.

When it says "gigidagostino (on behalf of LABEL ON THE TABLE)" this means that LABEL ON THE TABLE is a label owned by Gigi. And only Gigi can upload songs that contains "gigidagostino" in the license.

That is to quote Desper "...the fact!" and "...really not so complicated to understand."

So I can deduce and conclude, that since other songs has listed the following under licenses "gigidagostino (on behalf of ZYX Music)", that Gigi is the owner of ZYX.

Bearbeitet von DJ Maldestra
  • Like 1
vor 1 Stunde schrieb DJ Maldestra:

When it says "gigidagostino (on behalf of LABEL ON THE TABLE)" this means that LABEL ON THE TABLE is a label owned by Gigi. And only Gigi can upload songs that contains "gigidagostino" in the license.

Yes.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb DJ Maldestra:

So I can deduce and conclude, that since other songs has listed the following under licenses "gigidagostino (on behalf of ZYX Music)", that Gigi is the owner of ZYX.

No.

I will explain to you with a little history about things between: labels and artists; labels and YT; artists and YT.

Everything starts when YouTube decided to give up with VEVO project and became streaming platform also for music. You see that time not all labels had agreement with Google about copyrights. So for example some artists had more than one channel to promote their own music. Some channels was created automatically like all VEVO channels and some was created personal by artists, omitting their own labels, who were still in conflict with Google/YouTube.

Some years ago finally all major labels establish agreement with YouTube, about royalties, but YouTube situation was still in mess. How to govern so many channels created for every artists. So they decide to let them merge those channels under one main channel. In case of Gigi D'Agostino this main channel is: gigidagostino this name became official name in YT system. It's a name of channel that is submitting content. It's not a label! But artists still can create many labels, as they want. But they can't use names, in their labels, of companies that are already existed, because of legal issues

Of course they don't have to submit tracks by themselves. For example Gigi was hirinig TuneCore at the beginning. But why pay for something that can be do by himself?

So: "gigidagostino (on behalf of LABEL ON THE TABLE)" means that user gigidagostino submitted a video for the LABEL ON THE TABLE, the same user is also submitting videos for GIGI D'AGOSTINO PLANET. But this user can't send videos for ZYX Music, becuse ZYX has it's own managment (which by the way made a lot of mistakes) and Gigi is outside ZYX system.

When I am talking about sending/submitting, I am talking about adding new song into YT copyright database! Because those videos can be published for the audience on many channels, like: TUTTODAG, GIGI DAG, LENTO VIOLENTO, GIGI NOISE MAKER etc.

Bearbeitet von Desper-D

This is interesting to read, but are there any source which you can give to prove these statements?

With the comment above, how is the combination "gigidagostino in behalf of ZYX" possible? ZYX uploaded the video in the ancient days of YT and then gigidagostino claimed the copyright later?

I'm still quite confused 🙃

vor 22 Minuten schrieb Phil:

This is interesting to read, but are there any source which you can give to prove these statements?

With the comment above, how is the combination "gigidagostino in behalf of ZYX" possible? ZYX uploaded the video in the ancient days of YT and then gigidagostino claimed the copyright later?

I'm still quite confused 🙃

It's not my statement that Gigi can upload anything on behalf of Zyx. It's wrong conclusion caused by misunderstanding of how this system works.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Desper-D:

It's not my statement that Gigi can upload anything on behalf of Zyx. It's wrong conclusion caused by misunderstanding of how this system works.

I did not say that you stated this. I just try to find an explanation and understand this system...

So if there is no correlation with “gigidagostino” and “(behalf of XXXX)” where is the proof that Label on the table is owned, created or managed by Gigi.

And if the fact that the “tag” “gigidagostino” means it is official and all, and all. Why is that only the case when it says on behalf of label on the table and Gigi D’Agostino Planet, but when it says “gigidagostino (on behalf of ZYX Music)”, that is not the case?

My point is when “gigidagostino (on behalf of ZYX Music)” = Gigi is not involved, then why not “gigidagostino (on behalf of LABEL ON THE TABLE )” = Gigi is not involved?

All these statements are conflicting.

Ok. Once again. Imagine you are an artist. You had a contract with one label that is rather popular. But after years this contract is over. But you still producing new tracks, but don't want to publish it, because you had bad experiences with your previous label and you don't want to sign contract with any labels at all. You want to be finally independent. And now you realize that is great opportunity to promote yourself and your music via YT, because YT now is not only amateur video platform but became one of the biggest players on streaming music market. So... You are creating official channel or you establish with YT that your channel from now will be the official one.

Then you are creating label. Your own label, because you need it to because of legal reasons. Your label now is legal personality. It's important for business issues to establish it, because legal personality, even if it's not a human being, but rather a company, has its own rights and has a limitation of responsibility. Now you can split you as an artist from you as a businessman.

So you are starting to post your unrealised tracks from your collection. Everytime you are doing you have to complete a survey that. And you need to write: main artist, label company, composer, lyricist and lot of additional information if not only you were involved in production of a track. Every time when you are published new track you have to do it. For literally every song.

So... You were creating account DJ Maldestra, it's your public name. But because your name have a space between DJ and Maldestra, your username will be: djmaldestra. And when you were published your tracks you had to give a label names. Let's say Maldestra Records. And your unpublished now are registered and you can receive a money from royalties. But let's say that someone is bad guy. Let's name him Desper. And Desper is submitting your tracks on his channel too. But he is not an artist, so he didn't create artist channel on YT. This Desper cheater is posting your tracks on his amateur YT channel. But luckily you have an agreement with YT and their algorithms can protect you. In a moment when this bad Desper guy submitted your song into his channel YT informs him that this track is copyrighted. And if you did not forbid other channels to share or use your music in exchange of royalties, then after 24 to 48 hours after Desper published your song on his channel will appear information like this:

Licenses:

djmaldestra (on behalf of Maldestra Records)

When it under licenses says “gigidagostino”, it means that he personally has uploaded the song in the database (database = not equal to a youtube video).

Correct?

When he has uploaded it to the database, he also supplies information like label, e.g. Gigi D’Agostino Planet?

Correct?

The label does have to be owned/managed by Gigi/the uploader.

Correct?

Therefore you conclusion is that Label on the table is owned/managed by Gigi.

Correct?

However.

If you agree with all the above, then it logically follows that the label ZYX Music is, at least for the purpose of registering in the Youtube database (again database, not a video), owned/managed by Gigi D’Agostino.

And I say, that is simply not true.

Therefore.

Gigi might be the only that can upload songs to the database as “gigidagostino”, however the tag label is not restricted, and Gigi can write anything, like Gigi D’Agostino Planet or ZYX Music, just to give an example, but it has to be actual label names.

So I do not see any proof that Label on the table is owned/managed by Gigi. (I am not saying it is not true).

vor 2 Minuten schrieb DJ Maldestra:

When it under licenses says “gigidagostino”, it means that he personally has uploaded the song in the database (database = not equal to a youtube video).

Correct?

That means that song was uploaded from his channel. Yes. It can be himself or someone who have access to his account. And uploading to the database is not equal to publishing to wider audience. Like Demodag, that are already uploaded but we still don't have access to this uploaded content.

vor 7 Minuten schrieb DJ Maldestra:

When he has uploaded it to the database, he also supplies information like label, e.g. Gigi D’Agostino Planet?

Correct?

Correct.

vor 12 Minuten schrieb DJ Maldestra:

The label does have to be owned/managed by Gigi/the uploader.

Correct?

Label On The Table was given during uploading process from Gigi D'Agostino channel. That is correct.

vor 14 Minuten schrieb DJ Maldestra:

Therefore you conclusion is that Label on the table is owned/managed by Gigi.

Correct?

Correct.

vor 18 Minuten schrieb DJ Maldestra:

However.

If you agree with all the above, then it logically follows that the label ZYX Music is, at least for the purpose of registering in the Youtube database (again database, not a video), owned/managed by Gigi D’Agostino.

Wrong. Because ZYX also have rights to some of Gigi's songs, when Bortolotti sold them entire Media Recods catalogue.

You misunderstand licensing information that is under the video. Those informations are given in order of importance. First is the main label. 

And you may see gigidagistino (on behalf of ZYX Music), but the first one is not gigidagistino but Zyx_Music_GmbH. Which means when Gigi was uploading song that was already published by Zyx he had to write ZYX as a label. And because of this, for example "L'Amour Toujours" was officially submitted by Gigi and ZYX into YT database then you can see both informations in licensing section, under the video.

vor 37 Minuten schrieb DJ Maldestra:

Therefore.

Gigi might be the only that can upload songs to the database as “gigidagostino”, however the tag label is not restricted, and Gigi can write anything, like Gigi D’Agostino Planet or ZYX Music, just to give an example, but it has to be actual label names.

So I do not see any proof that Label on the table is owned/managed by Gigi. (I am not saying it is not true).

Gigi is obligated by law and agreement with YouTube to write right informations according to his best knowledge. The thing that the label is not yet registered it doesn't mean that process of registration is not pending. Also you said that Gigi may be only that can upload. But he is not. Every label company can upload Gigi's content that was bought by ZYX from Media Records if their agreement with ZYX allows it. That is why in the most popular Gigi's songs list of beholder of license is so long.

I do not think I am misunderstanding.

13 minutes ago, Desper-D said:

Also you said that Gigi may be only that can upload. But he is not.

No, I have not said that. I quoted you.

What I said, based on your comments is "When it says "gigidagostino (on behalf of LABEL ON THE TABLE)" this means that LABEL ON THE TABLE is a label owned by Gigi. And only Gigi can upload songs that contains "gigidagostino" in the license."

To which you answered yes.

I later asked "When it under licenses says “gigidagostino”, it means that he personally has uploaded the song in the database (database = not equal to a youtube video).

Correct?"

Which you also confirm in the very same comment. Whether it is Gigi himself or someone else having access is irrelevant, unless he is being hacked.

So your argument is still that because Gigi has supplied Label on the table during uploading to the database, that Label on the table is a label he created. And this is validated because it says gigidagostino under licenses.

My point is, there is no proof that label on the table is owned/created/managed/associated with Gigi D'Agostino.

You are saying:

gigidagostino = uploaded officially by Gigi's official account.

And then you jump to the conclusion that:

gigidagostino (on behalf of LABEL ON THE TABLE) = Gigi's official account. = label on the table is an official label created by Gigi.

But at the same time you are saying:

gigidagostino (on behalf of ZYX Music) = ZYX Music is not a label created by Gigi.

That is conflicting.

I am stopping my contribution now. I see no proofs only circular arguments and conflicting statements.

I explained everything. If you still did not understand it's not my fault. There is no conflict in statement: gigidagistino (on behalf of Zyx Music) and gigidagistino (on behalf of LABEL ON THE TABLE). Because I clearly written that license informations are given according to ORDER OF IMPORTANCE. This small detail explain everything. Details are important. And when ZYX is involved in copyrights gigidagistino is not mentioned first but ZYX_MUSIC_GMBH. Once again. Order of importance not alphabetical order.

If Label On The Table was not Gigi's label then it will look like this:

License:

Label on the Table; gigidagistino (on behalf of LABEL ON THE TABLE).

But it's not like that.

Bearbeitet von Desper-D
  • Like 2
5 hours ago, Desper-D said:

I explained everything. If you still did not understand it's not my fault. There is no conflict in statement: gigidagistino (on behalf of Zyx Music) and gigidagistino (on behalf of LABEL ON THE TABLE). Because I clearly written that license informations are given according to ORDER OF IMPORTANCE. This small detail explain everything. Details are important. And when ZYX is involved in copyrights gigidagistino is not mentioned first but ZYX_MUSIC_GMBH. Once again. Order of importance not alphabetical order.

If Label On The Table was not Gigi's label then it will look like this:

License:

Label on the Table; gigidagistino (on behalf of LABEL ON THE TABLE).

But it's not like that.

I do understand what you are saying, and agree with the above, and knew that allready.

But that was still not my point.

But I can clearly not explain it.

Wouldn't it be easier to ask this on the casadag forum? Maybe Gigi will comment on it.

My personal opinion is that this channel was created by Gigi. Then he didn't think it was good enough to share with the fans like the other channels.   He also submitted the above-mentioned songs to the content ID system, I think he wants to make money. There are also 5-600 demodag , he hopes to make money from each song. After all, due to his health condition, he cannot perform a concert.

• Like 2

These 2 Bootlegs are also recognised as the GDC Band "Hard Trance Mix"

🤨

I guess this mixname is triggered just by the inclusion of the "Johnny Vicious Acapella"

Bearbeitet von hlennarz
  • 2 Wochen später...
  • 2 Monate später...